Sunday 22 August 2010

Manuel Bolano Autumn 2010

This barcelona born designer, Manuel Bolano has managed to hold my attention for Autumn/Winter 2010 with pastels and teddybears as well as gorgeous knits of the CHUNK variety ( my favourite). I'm sort of lost for words of how to describe the overall look..its definatly a fantasy, childhood daydreams mixed with what looks to me like 18th C inspired royal wear.. Some sort of mish mashed memory from his past? I love..! He has no website which was annoying, but in trying to find out what inspired him this season i found this gem:

For Fall 2010, Manuel Bolano wrote a short poem to describe it:

I remember a little bear.
A little teddy bear in camel colour.
A cold, gray winter morning in a trip to the “Castros Gallegos”.
My mother, dressed in wool and silk in pink, was holding my hand, and I wondered…
Why does everything has to be pink?


















Source: Fashionwindows.net

No comments:

Post a Comment