Wednesday 4 August 2010

LULA LOVES......

Ever since I discovered a certain little shop on a certain little street in Manchester's charming Northen Quarter..(somewhere I found myself blissfully gliding around far too frequently for my bank balances liking, in year 1 and 2 of University) I was lucky enough to discover an enchanting little number and I have stuck by each issue (twice a year) ever since. The shop is called Magma, the street is Oldham, and the magazine is Lula, of course!
I'm not a magazine person, unlike most "fashion fanaticals" I don't consider Vogue as " the bible" and I don't have an urge to get my fashion fix weekly for just 99p. Most of them are trash..and not (shamefully) Amazing The hills type trash, im talking " I cant believe i just wasted 10 mins of my life flicking through pages apon pages of Katy Price's new nose and what i should be wearing according to colleen mcloughlin" type, trash.
The appeal...Its just not there for me! Its nonsense.

So it was really refreshing to find a magazine which had everything I'm attracted to about Fashion as art, in form of graphics, typography, images and content.
It's basically a little fashion fantasy typed out on gloss sheets with saturated hues and Lovely lovely clothes..Some pages are fresh and white with nothing but a few words to describe the story of an image, but thats whats so lovely about it, it is a little escapism and it sort of celebrates fashion as an escapism to create and dream, I guess in a way it is also nonsense! a different kind of nonsense, nonsense that I dont mind spending £6.99 on..!Thats how good it is!

Therefore, I was delighteddd when I found out they were collaberating with Harvey Nichols in London to celebrate Lula's 5th birthday..they created a pop up boutique of treats and trinkets from designers who have featured or are suited to the lula girl...(Designers such as sonia rykiel,APC,rodarte,miu miu and moschino)

Snap snap...







The pop up boutique came complete with free strawberry heart shaped lollypops and cardboard cut outs..! Mega lula love.

http://www.lulamag.com/
http://shop.harveynichols.com/fcp/categorylist/dept/lulaloves?resetFilters=truel

No comments:

Post a Comment